The International Labour Organization (ILO), with funding provided by the Government of Sweden, is supporting the Kafue Gorge Regional Training Centre (KGRTC) to implement the Skills for Energy in Southern Africa (SESA) Project. This is a three-and-a-half-year intervention with the overall development objective of increasing the uptake of renewable energy, energy efficiency and regional energy integration through skills development in Zambia and the SADC region. It is expected that the project will strengthen KGRTC's capacity as a Centre of Excellence for energy training in the region and significantly increase the number of power technicians, engineers and managers that are skilled in renewable energy, energy efficiency and regional energy integration. The project will be implemented through a Public Private Public Development Partnership (PPDP) approach.
This course is an introduction to major concepts and issues in occupational health and safety. Work-related hazards are described in terms of recognition and control.
The objective of this course is to provide:
• Safe and healthy environments by identifying potential workplace safety and health hazards and determining how to mitigate the hazards through engineering controls, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment.
At the end of this training programme, course participants shall be able to:
• Ensure compliance to applicable occupational health and safety legal and regulatory requirements
• Implement Safety Measures in the Workplace
• Eliminate Hazards and Reduce OH&S Risks
• React to incidences and emergencies
• Implement an OH&S Management System
1. Renewable Energy Regulatory Requirements
2. Safety in the Renewable Energy industry
3. Risk Management
4. Reacting to incidences and emergencies
5. Management Systems
Participants' Profile/ target Group
Participant's profile or target group are engineers, technicians, and any suitably qualified personnel requiring an occupational health and safety management.
Delivery: Onsite at Kafue Gorge Regional Training Centre Dates: Onsite at Kafue Gorge Regional Training Centre from - 29 August to 2 September 2022
Online from 5 September to 22 October 2022
Participation Fee: USD800 per participant Includes: Certificate of Competence upon successful completion of the course