'An absolutely vital resource for anyone doing an MBA. It will help you at every stage: before, during and after your MBA.' Alex Elferink, MBA Graduate, Cass Business School, City University
Praise for previous edition 'The MBA Handbook appropriately introduces theoretical concepts and real-life examples to underpin practice-based exercises and thinking.' Jayne Mothersdale, Governor and Principal Lecturer, Learning & Teaching, Leeds Beckett University
New edition of the definitive text for business students. Undertaking any postgraduate management study is a big investment on many levels. The MBA Handbook is the definitive text in this area and explains what will be expected from you on a personal, professional and academic level. Designed to prepare and support you throughout your studies and your career, the book is clearly structured and simply written around the following sections:
* Understanding the MBA and postgraduate study - covering self-management, time- management and planning as well as common challenges and how to overcome them;
* Transferable learning skills - covering professional development, diagrams, numbers and data analysis, teamwork and leadership, and crucially, case studies and problem-solving;
* Skills for assessment - covering preparation for the unique assessments that await in MBA and PG study, including speaking and presentations, writing, exams, projects and theses;
* Afterwards - how to start and shape your career. This successful text has been thoroughly updated to include:
* New and updated activities, examples and exercises in every chapter to help evaluate your progress and put ideas into practice.
* Mini-cases and real-life study and business examples integrated throughout the book.
* Support for distance learning students and extended coverage of issues relating to EFL and ESL students.
Visit the companion website at pearsoned.co.uk/cameron for worksheets and self-assessment exercises. Sheila Cameron has worked for the Open University Business School since its inception. She has been involved in its MBA programme since its earliest design stages in a variety of roles, including a period as MBA Director. Sheila is also the author of The Business Students Handbook.