It’s been an incredibly exciting week watching your nominations stream in via #TopZedBrands! We especially thank the early adopters, the usual suspects and leaders of the Zambia Twitter landscape — you know who you are!
This first week of nominations has shown some interesting results. It has also highlighted that we need to clarify our guiding principles. Sharing these principles publicly is in the interest of fairness and transparency.
1. Frankly, we want to start a movement! We see #TopZedBrands as a movement that will recognise Zambian success, demonstrate what is required for other Zambian brands to succeed, and educate business leaders of the importance of business etiquette like good customer service. We want to reward Zambian brands that offer:
2. #TopZedBrands is not accepting people nominations — whilst we appreciate and respect the people making a true difference to Zambia, #TopZedBrands is about Zambian products and services brands, not people brands.
3. All companies operating in Zambia can be nominated. This includes:
4. Anyone affiliated with #TopZedBrands should not be nominated. Anyone that is, will graciously stand down. This includes organisers and judges.
5. A retweet on Twitter does not constitute a nomination or a vote.
Update posted on 18/12/13