AGOA stands for the US-initiated African Growth and Opportunity Act forum which will bring together Government leaders, businesses and civil society members between the 8th and 10th of June 2011.…
AGOA stands for the US-initiated African Growth and Opportunity Act forum which will bring together Government leaders, businesses and civil society members between the 8th and 10th of June 2011. AGOA is a high profile event in Lusaka, Zambia so we’ve put together this accommodation and restaurant guide to help the large number of forum participants travelling to Lusaka for AGOA.
The AGOA conference will be held at the Mulungushi International Conference Centre (MICC) in Lusaka. Here is a list of accommodation providers and restaurants, all less than 15 minutes drive from the MICC. Most of the accommodation providers will offer a shuttle service.
- Nomad’s Court — for stylish apartments that offer flexibility and ultra comfort
- Eviva for Mediterranean food and sushi — 15 minutes away in Rhodes Park
- Gerritz for a great German menu and service, wonderful food, bold and colourful surrounds — 10 minutes away
- Le Triumph Dolphin for Creole food within a fun and kitsch environment — 10 minutes away in Northmead
- Masala Mantra for authentic Mughal cooking from South Asia in a sophisticated, relaxing environment — 15 minutes away in Rhodes Park
- Marlin is a popular business lunch venue offering good food and big servings — 10 minutes away in Longacres
- Mint Café for coffee, something light and a naughty dessert — in Arcades Shopping Centre
- Mumbai Café is great for a near by lunch, a friendly relaxed atmosphere with an extensive menu of authentic home style Indian cooking — just 5 minutes away
- O’Hagans for great pub food and a pint — 15 minutes away in Woodlands Shopping Mall
- Pansupa Restaurant is a little bit further than 15 minutes away but is well worth a visit for an excellent Zambian/African menu and a great atmosphere — 20 to 25 minutes away in Villa Elizabeth
- Plates Restaurant and Wine Bar for fine wine and dining — near Arcades Shopping Centre in Acacia Park
- Portico’s for quality Italian food — 10 minutes away in Lusaka Showgrounds
- Revolución Mexican Bar and Grill for gorgeous Mexican food — 15 minutes away in Roma
- Rhapsody’s for fabulous cocktails and food with a great atmosphere — Arcades Shopping Centre
- Sichuan Restaurant for tasty Chinese food — 10 minutes away in Lusaka Showgrounds
We hope you enjoy your stay in Lusaka, Zambia!
If you like this post then ‘like’ thebestofzambia.com facebook page for regular updates and/or follow us on Twitter. Or even join our mailing list.